Pages

Monday, October 25, 2010

Recycled




This past summer, I made around 60 or so pieces of jewelery for camp.  I wore a new piece everyday and they were all made from found objects. I found new ways to use old things.  I guess that is what I have been focusing on because I do not have a torch or the correct tools to make what I really want to make.  I find it very interesting that throughout my whole career at Grand Valley, GLUE was a four letter word and now that I am out, I use it CONSTANTLY! haha. I know it is horrible and I am loosing some of my technique or credibility or whatever, but they were quick pieces that I used to get my creative juices flowing again.  I guess you could call them sketches. I know earlier, I was talking about how I was not a sketcher, however, I have realized that I 'sketch' in my own way. These photos are two such "sketches". I took apart an old saxophone and created brooches out of them. These two were given as gifts. I will be posting more photos of my pieces as soon as I can, but for now, enjoy these ones! :)


I do not have much more to say right now, but hold on tight because you know I never stay in one spot for long.

AC out.

No comments:

Post a Comment