Pages

Monday, October 4, 2010

OOOO DOGGY! It has been a while!

Well guys, it has been quite a while. I really meant to keep this up over the summer, but most of you know that while I am at Blue Lake, my communication skills lack quite a bit! SO, recap of the summer? It will be short, I promise!

Blue Lake was amazing, as usual. I had a pretty good unit of counselors and some interesting camper situations. This summer really helped me grow in ways I was not expecting to, but I guess that is what you get at Blue Lake. It never ceases to amaze me how each summer is incredibly different. I am really glad I went back. I was a little nervous about going back. At first, I was not sure if I made the right decision. I LOVE being with my friends, do not get me wrong, but was I really ready to go through this role a third time? The answer being, yes. As I reflect on the summer, I realize that this is the exact summer I needed.  The friendships I had made in the past summers only grew stronger and I made some exceptionally wonderful new friends.  As a whole, the staff this summer was unbelievable (and that is an understatement).

This summer, felt almost like a test. It was a reality check into what I really want to do and how I would like to go about doing that. I cannot really explain right now what I mean by this, but I do know that I want to build an organization with a camp feel, like Blue Lake. A nonprofit arts camp. Who knows, maybe Blue Lake West really will happen? (haha, right Kelli!?). For now, I still want to go to graduate school. I NEED graduate school. At least that is how I feel right now. No, I do not want to go to graduate school because I feel the need to justify my last 5 1/2 years of schooling by continuing on, but it is to learn more and to work under four of the most influential people I have met(or at least read about).

My mind is all over the place right now. So, for now, I will tell you what has happened since Blue Lake. Well, my move to North Carolina happened! :) I'm here now, sitting in my new apartment in North Raleigh!! YAY! I have a screened in porch that I am going to turn into my studio! It's pretty perfect. It was a crazy move down here and I am not exaggerating at all by saying that...you can ask my dad.  I will spare you all the details though.

I am also working at a portrait studio. I started this past Tuesday and will be going into my second week tomorrow.  It is going really well so far...we will see if I can still say that after our Christmas season...

On my day off, I did not do much. I cleaned up a little bit (there is still stuff EVERYWHERE). I did not really clean that much though. I had a VERY lazy day. I watched season 2 of The Office. Pretty awesome, huh?

I guess the next post will be more positive. I have too much on my mind.

and that is all she wrote...

No comments:

Post a Comment